Adverb of Time | Adverb of Time List and examples
Adverb of time
Adverb of time shows when an action or something is done or happens. It answers the question “When?”It is either placed at the beginning or at the end of a sentence.
[Today, tomorrow, yesterday, last night, last week, last month, last year, next day, next week, next month, now, just, ago, daily, already, early, soon, shortly, recently, immediately, instantly, presently etc.]
Ex:- Next month I will go to Australia.
I saw that movie last year.
He was busy yesterday.
They come in the morning.
Adverb of time order in a sentence
Adverb of time either comes at the beginning of the sentence or at the end of the sentence.(या तो वाक्य के शुरू में आती है या वाक्य के अंत में)
I saw him a few months ago.
Last week I saw them walking together.
He is very happy today.
Adverb of time का एक दूसरा रूप(indefinite adverbs of time) भी है जिसको हम adverb of frequency कहते हैं. इसमें exact period of time का पता नहीं चलता है बल्कि approximate time (never, often, always) ज्ञात होता है.
You may read also:-
- ADVERB OF MANNER EXAMPLES WITH RULES
- CORRECT USE OF COLLECTIVE NOUNS
- TOP 50 ADJECTIVES STARTING WITH A
- SENTENCE REARRANGEMENT TIPS FOR BANK PO/SSC EXAMS
- GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES RULES AND EXAMPLES
- AWAITING VS WAITING | CORRECT USE OF ENGLISH WORDS
- CORRECT USE OF QUANTIFIERS
- CORRECT USE OF UNTIL AND UNLESS IN A SENTENCE
- MOST COMMON ERRORS WITH TENSE
- SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT COMMON ERRORS
- IMPORTANT RULES FOR PREPOSITIONS WITH EXPLANATION
- BEST TRICKS TO SOLVE CLOZE TEST IN SSC & BANK EXAMS
- 3 CONDITIONALS (TYPE 1, 2 AND 3)
- TYPES OF PRONOUNS IN HINDI
- COUNTABLE AND UNCOUNTABLE NOUNS
Adverb of frequency
1. Never, always, often, rarely, seldom, just are placed between auxiliary verbs & main verbs
Ex:- I have seen never the Eifel Tower. (incorrect)
I have never seen the Eifel Tower. (correct)
2. sometimes, generally, usually, frequently, normally etc. can also be placed at either the beginning or the end of the sentence.
I have seen him once.
He is always at home on Sundays.
He just caught the train.
Generally, I don’t like spicy foods.