Spotting Errors Tricks With Explanation
Spotting Errors Tricks
Spotting errors से सम्बंधित 4 या 5 questions बहुत से competitive exams जैसे SSC, IBPS, NDA आदि में हर वर्ष पूछे जाते है, जो कि grammar से सम्बंधित होते है तथा इनको आसानी से हल किया जा सकता है यदि आप English grammar rules को अच्छे से जानते है|
इस लेख में हमने spotting errors के कुछ प्रश्न व्याख्या(explanation) के साथ समझाने का प्रयास किया है तथा विगत वर्षो में पूछे गए महत्वपूर्ण प्रश्नो को भी समझाया गया है|
तो आईये दोस्तों शुरू करते है
1. Progress is impossible (A) / without change, and those (B) / who cannot change their minds (C) / cannot change nothing. (D) No error (E)
Explanation: nothing की जगह anything का प्रयोग होगा चूँकि not और nothing का वाक्य में एक साथ use नहीं होता है.
2. Rule:- No/any + other + singular noun
Incorrect: Sydney is more beautiful than any part of the country.
Correct: Sydney is more beautiful than any other part of the country.
3. less with uncountable noun , fewer with countable noun
Incorrect: I have less worries than you.
Correct: I have fewer worries than you.
4. He walked as faster (A) / as he could so that (B) / he would not (C) / miss the train to work. (D) No error (E) (Bank PO 2011)
Explanation:– as…..as तथा so……as के बीच में positive degree adjective का use होता है न कि comparative या superlative degree का, इसलिए faster की जगह fast का use होगा
5. यदि plural noun का अंतिम शब्द ’s’ है तो [‘s] के स्थान पर केवल apostrophe[‘] का प्रयोग करते है-
(Boys’ hostel, girls’uniforms etc.)
Ex:- My parents’ house is a lovely old one.
6. She shared (A) / all her secrets with (B) / Suman as they had been (C) / friends with childhood. (D) No error (E) (IBPS CWE-2013)
Since + morning/evening/night/last night/yesterday/birth/marriage/childhood+ दिन का नाम (Monday ) /महीने का नाम(march) /वर्ष का नाम(2015) /त्यौहार का नाम(Holi) + (number + O’clock
To know all the rules and tricks of english grammar, get the ebook.
7. In present the (A)/ prices of food grains (B)/ are high all (C)/ over the
world. (D) No error (E)
Explanation: in present नहीं बल्कि at present होता है
8. Uncountable nouns are substances, concepts, information, materials, etc. . They don’t have plural form.
The porter(A)/ demanded fifty rupees(B)/to carry my luggages.(C)/ no error(D) [SSC-2012]
Inspite of the doctor’s stern warning (1)/ Latika continued taking (2)/ sugars in her milk. (3)/ No Error (4)
Ans: 3 (sugar) (SSC-2017)
You may read also:-
- ADVERB OF MANNER EXAMPLES WITH RULES
- CORRECT USE OF COLLECTIVE NOUNS
- TOP 50 ADJECTIVES STARTING WITH A
- SENTENCE REARRANGEMENT TIPS FOR BANK PO/SSC EXAMS
Some uncountable nouns are given below:-
learning, bread, fruit, leisure, time, fun, rain, cancer, furniture, lightning, research, traffic, cash, garbage, literature, rice, training, gold, love, travel, grammar, luck, sand, truth, coffee, grass, luggage, scenery, understanding, hair, machinery,courage, happiness, sheep, deer, hardware, silver, water, defence, hate, medicine, weather, history, milk, smoke, wheat, dust, homework, money, snow, work, education music etc.
9. Majority of the banks (A)/ today uses technology (B)/ to reach out to
that (C) /living in rural areas. (D) No error (E)
Explanation: चूँकि एक bank की बात नहीं हो रही है इसलिए बहुवचन कर्ता (banks)
के साथ बहुवचन क्रिया (use) का प्रयोग होगा (subject verb agreement)
10. We shall be calling a meeting (A) / next week to assess (B) / the causes of frequently (C) / delays in infrastructure projects. (D) No error (E)
11. One of the important lesson (A) / he taught me was to save (B) / at least thirty per cent (C) / of my gross income. (D) No error (E)
Explanation:- Rule:- One of + the (my/our/your/his/her..) + P.C.N. + S.V.+…………..
इसलिए lesson की plural form, lessons का use होगा
12. The Ganga is a river (A)/ whose origin (B)/ has always been a matter of speculation.(C)/ no error(D)
Explanation: whose origin के स्थान पर the origin of which आएगा
Rule: Whose + living thing (Right)
Whose + non-living thing (wrong)
Ex: Today I met with the person, whose younger brother studies in your class. (correct)
- CORRECT USE OF UNTIL AND UNLESS IN A SENTENCE
- MOST COMMON ERRORS WITH TENSE
- SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT COMMON ERRORS
13. adverb of frequency (Never, always, often, rarely, seldom, just etc) are placed between auxiliary verbs & main verbs.
Incorrect: He always has wanted to be famous.
Correct: He has always wanted to be famous
14. There are a number of situations which require you to use parallel structure. They are:-
Both X and Y . . .
Not X but Y
Not only X but also Y . . .
Neither X nor Y . . .
Either X or Y . . .
Note:- X and Y must be in same grammatical form: both nouns, both pronouns, both infinitive, both gerund or both Clause.
Incorrect: Neither Ravi is intelligent nor brave.
Correct: Ravi is neither intelligent nor brave.
Incorrect: Not only he is intelligent but honest.
Correct: He is not only intelligent but also honest.
Incorrect: My mother likes cooking and to read.
Correct: My mother likes cooking and reading.
15. Unless the Pakistani government (A)/ does not demolish (B)/ the terrorists training camp, (C)/ there can be no peace. (D)/ no error (E)
Explanation: Unless/until अपने आप में नकारात्मक शब्द (negative words) है, इनके साथ not का use नहीं करते है, इसलिए सही वाक्य निम्न लिखित होगा :-
Unless the Pakistani government demolishes the terrorists training camp there can be no peace.
Note:-Unless, conditional word है जबकि until, time के reference में प्रयोग होता है जैसे:-
Unless yesterday, I didn’t know about him. (Incorrect)
Until yesterday, I didn’t know about him. (correct)
_____ you work hard, you cannot succeed. (SSC-2017)
1) If 2) Till 3) Until 4) Unless
_____ the rain stopped, the concert had to be suspended. (SSC-2017)
1) Until 2) Unless 3) Till 4) while
A number of + plural noun + P.V.
The number of + Plural noun + S.V.
There is much demand for fuel as the number of vehicles are increasing day by day.
a. have increased b. Are increased c. is increasing d. no improvement
Ans:- c [SSC-2012]
Correct: There is much demand for fuel as the number of vehicles is increasing day by day.