Participle examples | Participle Common Errors
A participle is a word that is formed from a verb. These are of three types:-
A. present participle [V1 + ing] ex:- playing, going etc.
B. past participle [V1 + ed/en] ex:-played, broken etc.
C. perfect participle [Having + V3] ex:- having written etc.
Note:- It works as an adjective in a sentence.
I saw a running boy. (adjective)
A tired man was sitting under a tree. (adjective)
You may read also:-
- ADVERB OF MANNER EXAMPLES WITH RULES
- CORRECT USE OF COLLECTIVE NOUNS
- TOP 50 ADJECTIVES STARTING WITH A
- SENTENCE REARRANGEMENT TIPS FOR BANK PO/SSC EXAMS
- GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES RULES AND EXAMPLES
- AWAITING VS WAITING | CORRECT USE OF ENGLISH WORDS
- CORRECT USE OF QUANTIFIERS
- CORRECT USE OF UNTIL AND UNLESS IN A SENTENCE
- MOST COMMON ERRORS WITH TENSE
- SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT COMMON ERRORS
- IMPORTANT RULES FOR PREPOSITIONS WITH EXPLANATION
- BEST TRICKS TO SOLVE CLOZE TEST IN SSC & BANK EXAMS
- 3 CONDITIONALS (TYPE 1, 2 AND 3)
- TYPES OF PRONOUNS IN HINDI
- COUNTABLE AND UNCOUNTABLE NOUNS
Incorrect: Being a rainy day, I did not go out.
Correct: It being a rainy day, I did not go out.
Incorrect: Walking through the park, the Sun was very hot.
Correct: Walking through the park, I found the Sun was very hot.
Incorrect: Having working hard he felt tired.
Correct: Having worked hard he felt tired.
Incorrect: Ram, having finished his paper, he left the examination hall.
Correct: Ram, having finished his paper left the examination hall.
1. Scaling the high wall,(A)/a vast expanse of greenery(B)/ reaching up to the horizon was seen.(C)/ no error(D)
Ans:- C [SSC-2014]
2. Although he was tired he went out for playing. [SSC-2011]
A. goes out for playing B. goes out to play
C. went out to play D. No improvement
3. (Being a pleasant evening), we went out for a long drive on a highway.
A. As a pleasant evening
B. It being a pleasant evening
C. With a pleasant evening
D. No improvement