Present Participle Examples List | Participle Correct Use
The work seems to be continuing in present participle.
Ex:- The child came here weeping.
Note:- Sentence के हिंदी अर्थ में करके या हुए आता है:-
Ex:- Sleeping children (सोते हुए बच्चे)
Use of present participle
1. It is used as an adjective in the sentence: –
Ex:- he has a smiling face. [Attributive Use(before noun)]
The parrot came flying here. [predictive use]
2. It is used after To Be + busy: –
Ex:- He is busy in preparing for the SSC examination. (incorrect)
He is busy to prepare for the SSC examination. (incorrect)
He is busy preparing for the SSC examination. (correct)
3. It is used to replace relative pronoun (who / whom / which) in the sentence.
Ex:– Children who need/needed medical attention……………….
Children needing medical attention………………….
4. When two tasks are done simultaneously by the same subject or one task is immediately after the second task, then the present participle is used for the first work: –
(जब एक ही subject के द्वारा दो कार्य एक साथ किये जाये या एक कार्य दुसरे कार्य के तुरंत बाद हो तो पहले कार्य के लिए present participle का use होता है)
Ex:- Seeing the principal, the students entered the classroom.
You may read also: Participle types and common errors
You may read also:-
- ADVERB OF MANNER EXAMPLES WITH RULES
- CORRECT USE OF COLLECTIVE NOUNS
- TOP 50 ADJECTIVES STARTING WITH A
- SENTENCE REARRANGEMENT TIPS FOR BANK PO/SSC EXAMS
- GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES RULES AND EXAMPLES
- AWAITING VS WAITING | CORRECT USE OF ENGLISH WORDS
- CORRECT USE OF QUANTIFIERS
- CORRECT USE OF UNTIL AND UNLESS IN A SENTENCE
- MOST COMMON ERRORS WITH TENSE
- SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT COMMON ERRORS
- IMPORTANT RULES FOR PREPOSITIONS WITH EXPLANATION
- BEST TRICKS TO SOLVE CLOZE TEST IN SSC & BANK EXAMS
- 3 CONDITIONALS (TYPE 1, 2 AND 3)
- TYPES OF PRONOUNS IN HINDI
- COUNTABLE AND UNCOUNTABLE NOUNS