Question tags exercises
A question tag is a short question that comes at the end of a statement (sentence).
Question tag= Auxiliary verb + pronoun ?
Note:- Question tag and the sentence are in the same tense.
1. Your father used to be the principal of this college,………..?[SSC-2010]
A. did he B. Does he
C. didn’t he D. doesn’t he
2. Ram helps everyone,…………..[SSC-2012]
A. isn’t he? B. Doesn’t he?
C. isn’t it? D. does he?
3. We met yesterday, haven’t we?[SSC-2015]
A. didn’t we? B.No Improvement
C. isn’t it? D. hadn’t we?
Explanation:- Question tag and the sentence must be in the same tense.
4. one cannot be indifferent to one’s health, can’t one? [SSC AD-2014]
A. can’t be? B. Can one?
C. isn’t it? D. no improvement
Explanation:- A negative statement is followed by a positive question tag and a positive statement is followed by a negative question tag.
5. When I came to your room yesterday,(A)/you were watching the T.V.,(B)/isn’t it?(C)/ no error(D)
Ans:- C (weren’t you?) [SSC-VC2012]
6. All people want to be happy, do they? [SSC-2016]
A. don’t they? B. are they?
C. didn’t they? D. No improvement
You may read also: